Monday, August 20, 2012

BUSY!

Goodness it's tough being busy! I haven't had the chance to try any new recipes, recently.  We've been sticking with our staples of tacos, spaghetti, etc. since we have so much going on.  Hubby's new schedule kicked in and now he works 12pm-9pm with Sundays and Tuesdays off.  This will last until about mid-September as his training wraps up for his new position.  After that, we'll have another schedule change to adjust to.  10:30am-7:30pm with Tuesdays and Wednesdays off.  Thankfully I was able to find an online degree completion program so I don't have to attend classes around these crazy schedule changes!

We're getting the apartment cleaned and prepped for the baby's arrival in January while we still have the time.  I'm slowly getting things ready for my classes that start on Monday.  I'm going to look for some organization tips on Pinterest this week so I can keep things together and not get overwhelmed.  I am going to make an organization weekly calendar as well as a weekly activity calendar for my son.

We've started having family time in the basement on the new furniture and it is heavenly! Our son is so excited to get everything set up down there.  He's starting to separate the baby toys from the big boy toys for his little brother Jaxon :) It gives me warm fuzzies! He's being so helpful.  He can't wait to work on the activity calendar.  He's mommy's little helper.  We were able to catch up on our big pile of laundry the other day.

A friend of mine gave us a huge bag of books for Conrad! We're going to get them organized on a book shelf as soon as we find one.  I have all of my books from my childhood in our basement, too.  He's really getting into reading.  It's awesome.

Anyway-- I promise more recipes soon! I think Wednesday I am going to try a crockpot chicken pot pie recipe :) Tonight is taco night and hubby is going to make his special chicken cutlets tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment